Benefits of AAI Membership
As a member of AAI you will be joining other independent accountants across the state who share your professional concerns. You will become an integral part of a dynamic organization whose members enjoy a wide range of special services and opportunities. Your voice will be heard in decision-making processes that affect you and your profession in the state of Iowa. Your membership in AAI will provide you with benefits which will be valuable to your practice, your profession and yourself.
SOME OF THE BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY INCLUDE:
- Group interaction, networking with other professionals and member camaraderie.
- Quality education available through AAI's educational seminars including tax, accounting, SAARS and ethics seminars. AAI is registered as a sponsor of Continuing Professional Education hours with the Iowa Accountancy Examining Board, the Internal Revenue Service and the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy.
- The AAI Membership Directory provides a state-wide list of competent member practitioners.
- Online discussion forums.
- NATIONAL REPRESENTATION
- AAI is the Iowa Affiliate of the National Society of Accountants (NSA).
- AAI is a recognized liaison to state agencies, the Small Business Administration and the Internal Revenue Service.
- AAI monitors state accountancy laws and regulations affecting the independent practicing accountant.
- AAI has a paid lobbyist that monitors state accounting laws, regulations and judicial decisions.
- AAI has representation on Capital Hill through NSA.